Monday, July 19, 2010

murder of charisma

I felt her conspiracy brewing like dark coffee,
My fatal attraction to her odious disdain
Was a nail in the coffin of my waking life,
Diminished and superfluously tinged with
The serenating of souls; her music made
Clocks melt, time twisting in a malleable
Reaction to love’s first loss.

Cheating and telling me that she needed
Me as an imperative of subsistence,
But all I feel is pain and envy worthy of a circus.

The lights flashed off while we slept
Fighting underneath the sheets as though
We were savage serpents.

Alone but together, a thousand miles apart,
When she is near me I get a headache,
A pounding thunderous leviathan in my brain,
Rendering the images dark now, when one
Day they had been in vivid hues, and then
They faded into the distance of the vanishing point,
The ship’s sail disappeared underneath the curvature
Of the earth.

Cognizance and desire for an addition to my
Wasting life, caught in the sting of a robber’s
Masterpiece, remembering nothing now
Aside from her auburn eyes and the sense
That the cancer was removed,
And the perpetual grinding of drill bits of
A relationship to having never been.

No comments:

Post a Comment